The Magic is in the Mix!
Posted: Mar 11 2023
Did you know that in order to get the power packed properties of Chlorine Dioxide, a dynamic reaction has to take place first. That's why DioxiRinse Mouthwash comes with a Part A and a Part B.
With Frontier's proprietary DioxiCare System, when the 2 Parts are mixed together, the reaction instantly begins. And you can watch this in action since the color of the solution changes as the Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) is generated.
The amount of ClO2 increases the longer the 2 Parts mix. The above photo shows the color change that happens as the concentration gets stronger.
- After 30 seconds, the mixture is bright blue.
- After 2 minutes, the mixture is pale blue/green
- After 3 - 5 minutes, the mixture is pale yellow/green - yellow
Chlorine dioxide is at its strongest when the color is yellow.
The strength of the mixture will stop increasing after about 10 minutes.
Note: ClO2 is a gas... if the cup is left open for more than 10 minutes, the ClO2 will start to slowly decrease in strength, and the mixture will eventually turn clear (within about an hour), which means that there is no more ClO2 present.
- The recommended mix time for every day use is 30 seconds. There is plenty of ClO2 present.
- If using on bleeding gums, infection, or other problem area, let mix for 1 - 2 minutes.
- For use in an oral irrigator, mix 20 ml of Part A and 20ml of Part B directly into the Irrigator chamber. Do not add water yet. Wait 3 - 5 minutes for the concentration to increase. Then add warm water to the 400ml mark.
So go ahead and tailor the product to suit your needs - and use the color to tell you the strength. You'll be an expert in no time!
Not all chlorine dioxide is created equal.
Note: DioxiRinse is not meant to be ingested. Parts A and B should never be used alone. Use as directed.